Raise Awareness for Childhood Cancer
September is the month chosen to raise awareness for childhood cancer. According to the American Childhood Cancer Organization, “By the time this month is over, another 1,300 children in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer. Even with the best treatments available, 1 in 5 children with cancer will not survive. And of those who do, most will have long-term side effects from their treatment.”
An Opportunity to Raise Awareness
For thousands of children across the country, cancer is a daily reality. For this reason, at Mikey’s Way, we see every day as a chance to raise awareness about childhood cancer. It’s especially important during September, Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. This is a time when families, researchers, advocates, communities and charities unite to raise awareness about this disease.
Five Ways You Can Help Children With Cancer This Month
Join with Mikey’s Way as we work together with the childhood cancer community to raise awareness about this disease. Here are 5 ways you can help children with cancer this month.
- Show your support by contacting your legislators about issues affecting children with cancer. Visit the American Childhood Cancer Organization’s advocacy page to find out what the current issues are.
- Attend CureFest 2020 Virtually: On September 26, CureFest 2020 will take place in a new interactive virtual format! Due to many concerns related to COVID-19, CureFest has created a first-class, inter-connected experience through the use of social media and smart phone technology. While not an in-person event in the Nation’s Capital this year, CureFest 2020 promises to be exciting. Visit CureFest for more details on how you can become involved.
- Make a donation: You can help kids cope with cancer by making a donation to Mikey’s Way Foundation.
- Follow Mikey’s Way: Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Take part in an event: Check out the Coalition Against Childhood Cancer’s Events Calendar for events and activities in your area.