Why We’re Different
The Mikey’s Way Foundation is a different kind of charity.
Here are just a few of the ways we strive to be different:
- We are leaders in understanding the importance of the Mind-Body connection and its positive effect on chemotherapy patients and their treatments.
- We are one of only a very few charities that seek to help the child “in the moment” of their treatment. We know the importance of being there from the start of treatment.
- We appreciate every dollar that is donated to us. We make sure that every dollar we spend goes to accomplish our mission. There are no perks, no large overhead, no large salaries, and no unnecessary personnel. We accomplish with volunteers, what most charities hire employees to do.
- We are the only charity in the country to offer these services nation wide.
- Transparency. We believe the only way you can be an effective and trusted charity is to welcome and encourage everyone to “come in and take a look around”. To that extent, any and all of our records are available to any prospective contributor, at any time.
We seek to create diversion and to form connections for the children we serve. With the use of modern day technology, the Internet, and a child’s imagination, we can help every child escape… Mikey’s Way.
“I wanted to start a foundation that would help kids with what I thought was the worst part of treatment, the boredom.”
– Mikey Friedman